Labels

Freebies (3)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekend Book Review

I have decided to start doing a book review every weekend. I can't promise it will be done EACH AND EVERY weekend but I am going to try.

I am a voracious reader, I particularly love young adolescent literature( now we know why I like to teach middle school Language Arts). There are SO MANY wonderful book in this genre that I will have a hard time deciding which ones to highlight each week!

I am going to start out with The Host by Stephanie Meyer. YES that is the author of Twilight. 

However, in my opinion, this book is much better than the Twilight Series. 

The Host is a sci-fi adventure novel set after an alien race takes over the planet. The aliens are body snatchers, who take over human bodies at the spinal cord. Once you are able to "buy in" to this premise, the novel really is good. The novel starts out when the alien named Wanderer takes over Melanie's body. Usually the human hosts fade away when overtaken by the alien- but not in this case. Melanie just won't go away- she fills Wanderer's mind with images of her love, Jared. Jared is still human, hiding in the outskirts of the world, trying desperately not to be taken by the aliens.

I am not a huge sci-fi person, but I really loved this book. It is really engaging and so different from anything I've ever read before! I highly recommend the novel.It will keep you thinking long after you've put down the novel!

If you want to read it HURRY- because the movie is in theaters March 29th!


2 comments:

  1. I just saw this trailer in the movie theaters. Since you gave it such a rave review, I think I will read the book first! Thanks!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete