I am happy to be back in the linky this week! I have been busy traveling and haven't had time to blog! For shame!
This week there are only three short questions!
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1. I can't really pinpoint when I decided I wanted to be a teacher. It was just one of those things that I always enjoyed. I used to make my little sister be my student and I had a good time teaching her things. As I got older I was always a comp counselor and I have always enjoyed being around children. It just seemed like a natural progression!
2. I had a student tell me she was being abused in a journal entry. We were able to get her out of that situation. I fell good that she felt comfortable telling me about it (and knowing I'd read her words) and that we were able to help her before things progressed too badly. She ended up with a great foster family and was able to stay in my class for the year! Sometimes we have to be our students protector as well as their teacher.
3. This is an interesting question. If I could have any job I'd want to be a set designer. I think it would be really awesome to decorate the rooms and go shopping with unlimited funds :) I always notice the sets when I watch TV or movies. Some of them are so detailed!