The nomination comes with some "rules". I need to post 11 random things about me. I'll try to keep it interesting.
1. I hated school as a kid. HATED it. This is the main reason I became a teacher.
2. I am the only teacher in my family or extended family. My people are engineers, or in the medical field.
3. My sister is my best friend. We have matching wrist tattoos.
4. I am 18 months older than my husband. Cougar!
5. My husband is a golf pro. He plays golf for a living. Actually, he is on his way to the beach to play right now............no fair! His full time job is to run a golf course.
6. The town I live in is very, very small. It has three golf courses and one gas station (which just went out of business). The census in 2010 put us at a population of 237. It picks up in the summer when all the people come back from Florida.
7. I love to watch reality TV.
8. I hate the singing and dancing shows.
9. I am going back to school this summer for my Technology Facilitator add on. I already have a masters in Reading.
10. I love football.
11. Apparently my natural non-smiling face looks kind of mean. This doesn't help when making friends- but it does help with discipline. The kids are scared of me (at first).
Now I need to answer the questions that the Applicious Teacher asked:
1. How long have you been blogging?
Hmmmm. 1 month?
2. Why did you start your blog?
I would like to share my ideas with teachers.
3. Are you an educator? If so, what grades do you teach, or did you teach?
Yep! Currently I am a literacy coach. I have taught for 10 years mainly in middle school (6th grade, 8th grade, 4th grade.)
4.What teaching resource could you NOT LIVE without?
"When Kids Can't Read, What Teachers Can Do" by Kyleen Beers. Best. Book. Ever.
5. How would you describe your classroom teaching style?
When I was teaching in the classroom I took a more of a facilitator role. We did a lot of group work and inquiry.
6. What is your favorite thing to teach? Why?
Novels because I love to read them.
7. What blog are you obsessed with right now?
Right Down the Middle
8. Do you Facebook or Twitter? Or both?
I do not understand Twitter. I've tried- it is confusing. I'm a facebook person.
9. Hobbies? (Besides being an AWESOME teacher?)
Reading Young Adult Lit, trying to play golf, blogging and making stuff for teachers pay teachers.
10. Are you a dog or a cat person?
Both. Right now I just have one yorkie-poo named Bentley who is my BABY.
11. How would your students describe you?
Funny, crazy, geek- I do a lot of self-deprecating humor- anything to get a laugh.
Now I need to find some blogs to nominate! Fun!